Sunday, January 6, 2008

JUMBO - THE STABLE

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER JUMBO?HE WAS THE NEIGHBORHOOD FRUIT MAN.HE WOULD GO FROM BLOCK TO BLOCK WITH HIS WHITE HORSE AND WAGON SELLING FRUIT. MY COUSIN JOANNE'S FAMILY OWNED THE STABLE ON PRESIDENT ST.JUMBO KEEP THE HORSE AND WAGON THERE.ON SUNDAY'S MY DAD WOULD TAKE ME TO STABLE TO SEE THE HORSES, AND AS WE WERE FAMILY WE GOT TO PET AND FEED THE HORSES.THEY USED TO BE LINED UP AGAINST THE BACK WALL IN STALLS.I COULD SMELL THEM AS I WRITE THIS.THE STABLE IS GONE BUT NOT THE MEMORIES.MY COUSIN LIVES IN THE HOUSE NOW WHICH WAS RENOVATED,BUT WHEN I GO THERE WE ALWAYS TALK ABOUT THE STABLE.

2 comments:

slopegirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
slopegirl said...

I just came across this old blog. I do remember Jumbo. As a matter of fact my oldest and dearest friend is his granddaughter.